EFFECTIVE JULY 17, 2018
“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
WHO WE ARE
HOW TO CONTACT US
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data that you give us
We may collect and process the following Personal Data:
- Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, fax, e-mail, or through our online website submission portals. This includes information you provide when you participate in social media functions on our Site and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, IP address, login credentials, phone number, photograph, financial information and/or credit card information.
- Membership information, when joining or updating your membership including your name, contact details such as address, phone number and email address (business or personal), age, Gender, Occupational, data, Certification and Licensure information, Education History, Areas of Interest/Expertise, other Society Membership Demographics, and any other information related to your membership.
- Dues payment information, including financial information such as credit/debit card and account numbers used to register or renew your membership.
- Purchase information, relating to purchases made by members and non-members of event participation, books, reports, subscriptions either in-person or via our Site. Purchase information will include financial information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
- Continuing Education information, for ACMG educational content purchased including name, credentials, address, question responses, scores, evaluations, and participation analytics
- Disciplinary information, relating to ethics/disciplinary programs in which complaints against members are adjudicated, with the result being possible suspension/expulsion from membership. This may include information about a member's business or professional activities, including employment information, and similar information relating to other individuals involved in the investigation, though it would usually not include financial information.
Other personal data we collect from you
九龙国际娱乐网址Each time you visit our Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- Location information
Personal Data we collect from others
We may receive information about you from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information on people in the medical fields that maybe interested in the products and services ACMG provides. You will have the ability to choose your ACMG communication preferences, including removal from our systems, at any time if our resources are not of interest to you.
We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Operating system
- Local time zone
We may use non-Personal Data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud prevention, market research, and improving our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data that you give us
We may use Personal Data that you provide directly to us for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your membership, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us;
- to organize events that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- to provide our newsletter and other publications;
- to respond to your questions and provide related membership services;
- to provide you with information about other events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about events, products or services we feel may interest you;
- to transfer your information as part of a merger or sale of the business;
- to notify you about changes to our membership service; and
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer.
We will use Personal Data that we have collected about your use of our Site:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined Personal Data for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHO CAN ACCESS IT
- a member of our group
- partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of obligations arising from your membership, or any other contract we enter into with them or you or to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site
- trusted third-party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyze, and improve the Site and our membership services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing)
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if ACMG, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with our Site. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you service, contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Data and may keep such information indefinitely.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Additionally, if you prefer not to receive marketing messages from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive or by sending a message to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
You also agree to indemnify and hold harmless ACMG, the ACMG Foundation, and their officers, directors, members, agents, affiliates, third-party information providers, licensors, and others involved in the delivery of the Site or the delivery of information, products or services over the Site, from and against any and all liabilities, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorney’s fees, from any claim, complaint or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of the site, including but not limited to any violation by you of these terms and conditions.
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION
The qazjxtz.com website (the "Site") is produced by and for the ACMG. All use of the Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions set forth herein. By entering and using the Site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood such Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. The Site is designed and intended for educational purposes only. ACMG does not endorse, guarantee, warrant, or recommend any information, products or services discussed or advertised on the Site or linked from the Site.
No Medical Advice or Physician-Patient Relationship. THE CONTENT OF THE SITE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT, AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED TO BE, MEDICAL ADVICE. THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED TO CREATE, AND RECEIPT OF IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE, A PHYSICIAN-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP. THE CONTENT IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OF ANY INDIVIDUAL CONDITION OR AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A CONSULTATION WITH A LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. THE CONTENT SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE; IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE; AND DOES NOT COVER ALL DISEASES, AILMENTS, PHYSICAL CONDITIONS, OR THEIR DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. THE CONTENT SHOULD NOT BE USED IN PLACE OF A VISIT, CALL OR CONSULTATION WITH, AND THE ADVICE OF, YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS. SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH CARE-RELATED QUESTIONS, CALL OR SEE YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTH CARE PROVIDER PROMPTLY. TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST BEFORE TAKING ANY PRESCRIPTION OR OVER THE COUNTER DRUGS, INCLUDING ANY HERBAL MEDICINES OR SUPPLEMENTS. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT, BECAUSE OF SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE READ ON THE SITE.
Information Presented by ACMG. The information presented on behalf of ACMG on the Site is designed for informational and educational purposes only. Although ACMG endeavors to ensure the accuracy and reliability of information presented by or on behalf of ACMG on the website, it does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy or timeliness of such information, and therefore, makes no representation or warranty regarding the same. Furthermore, ACMG does not endorse, guarantee, warrant, or recommend any information, products or services discussed or advertised on the Site or linked from the Site. Reliance on any information, products or services appearing on the Site that is provided by ACMG or ACMG employees is solely at your own risk.
Information Presented by Users and Third Parties. Any content and/or opinions uploaded or submitted by a third party, including all materials, articles, hyperlinks, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, images, individual user profiles, comments, opinions, or other dialogue, any other content or opinions in any form and responses to questions (hereinafter "User-Posted Content") are solely the opinions and responsibility of the person or entity submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ACMG. ACMG makes no representation or warranty regarding User-Posted Content that is posted or uploaded by users of the Site or other third parties, and ACMG expressly disclaims any and all liability related thereto. By using the Site, you agree to hold ACMG harmless from any and all claims arising out of User-Posted Content. Reliance on any information, products or services appearing on the Site, whether provided by third parties at the invitation of ACMG or visitors or contributors to the website is solely at your own risk.
Disclaimer of Liability of ACMG and its Licensors. The Site and information provided on the Site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, with all faults. Neither ACMG nor any person associated with ACMG makes any warranty or representation with respect to the quality, accuracy, or availability of the Site. Specifically, but without limiting the foregoing, neither ACMG nor anyone associated with ACMG warrants or represents that the Site or the information provided on the Site will be accurate, reliable, error-free, uninterrupted; that defects will be corrected; that the Site or the servers that make them available are free from viruses or other harmful components; or that the Site will otherwise meet your needs or expectations. ACMG disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. In no event will ACMG or its contractors be liable for any damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use of, or inability to use, the Site, including any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including, but not limited to, lost profits or damages resulting from delay, interruption in service, viruses, deletion of files or electronic communications, or errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies in the Site or the content transmitted on the Site or personal injury, whether or not there is negligence by ACMG and whether or not ACMG has been advised of the possibility of any such damages.
Member and User Obligations. You agree to comply in all respects with these Terms and Conditions as they may be amended, updated or revised from time to time. Your failure to comply with the provisions of copyright and trademark restrictions and member obligations may expose you to civil and/or criminal liability.
Copyright and Trademark Notices. The content of material provided by ACMG on the Site is copyrighted by ACMG or used by ACMG under license or other legal authority. ACMG and its licensors retain all copyrights and other proprietary rights in or relating to any content, including any software, provided on the Site. All rights are reserved and such content may not be reproduced, downloaded, modified, published, displayed, disseminated, or transferred, in any form or by any means, except with the prior written agreement of ACMG or as indicated below. You may download and print a small number of copies of the content for scientific or educational uses. You may not sell, transfer, reproduce, transmit, distribute, perform or display such content for any commercial purpose without the prior express written consent of ACMG.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Any changes we make to this Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notification sent to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Notice.
SOCIAL MEDIA CODE OF CONDUCT
The American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) social media channels were created to provide our members and the other interested parties with information in order to build visibility and awareness of ACMG and its programs, products and positions. Although, ACMG tries to ensure the accuracy and reliability of information presented by or on our behalf on these channels it does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness efficacy or timeliness of such information, and therefore, makes no representation or warranty regarding such information. Click here九龙国际娱乐网址 to view ACMG's Social Media Code of Conduct.